Here’s how we do it
General terms and conditions
Living at HEMMET means showing consideration for people’s differences. As a guest, you are expected to sort your waste, not to disturb other guests but also not to be unnecessarily irritable towards others, showing generosity and consideration. It should be pleasant to live together.
When you book your stay with us, you are responsible for any costs incurred due to negligence, lack of judgment, such as costs for fire extinguishers, allergy remediation or other costs due to negligence on your or your party’s part.
You are also responsible for any damage caused by you or your party. In addition, HEMMET reserves the right to charge a disturbance fee of up to SEK 2,000 to compensate other guests who have been disturbed. Pets and smoking are not allowed. Missing room keys will be charged with SEK 1,000 for changing the lock.
Payment is made at the time of booking. Cancellations can be made up to 14 days before the booked arrival date. After that, there is no refund of the amount paid.
All those who holiday by bus and train, or by foot and bicycle are entitled to a 10% discount on the booking price, when booking directly with us. We call it the eco-discount, because the way we travel often has the biggest environmental impact during our holidays.
Card payments are made using Stripe.com or PayPal.com. Alternatively, book by invoice and pay by bank transfer. Your booking is valid from the moment payment is made.
..and then Corona virus considerations
We are probably not alone in finding it difficult to know how to deal with the ongoing pandemic. We have written this text, not least to have some guidelines to follow ourselves. In the home, people live together, it is simply not a place made for social distance, hence the need to show consideration. This is how we think,
- This summer we provide a organic breakfast that you make yourself. We have set up our own kitchen counter for this with a reserved fridge. In the room you will also find coffee capsules for the coffee machine in the kitchen.
- Kitchen. Although our kitchen is large, it can get crowded if several people are there at the same time, so we ask that you book times for when you need to use the kitchen. We believe that with a little planning, quite a lot can be arranged. For example, we have our large outdoor grill, maybe you can prepare your dinner a little earlier than you planned along with something nice to drink and then finish it outside by the grill. In Simrishamn there are also many nice outdoor restaurants in the evening with good food and nice views. Along the sea you will also find nice picnic areas with barbecues.
- Dining area. We have set out various groups of tables and chairs, as well as possibly a canvas pavilion with space for up to eight relatively airy seats, it is also possible to fold out the walls in case of rain and place tables and chairs under them as well.
- Hygiene. We clean and sweep, but it’s hard to say how to clean more than we already do. We do, however, use disinfectant spray for certain surfaces, like handles, countertops and tables. Since the Home is a place that is often unattended, we also rely on our guests to clean up after themselves in the kitchen, wipe down tables and countertops, and leave them neat for the next guest.
- Each room is made up and cleaned when you arrive by our staff. Towels are provided in the room for as many as booked. Soap and hand sanitizer are provided in the room’s toilet. When you leave, we ask that you take out your sheets (not the bedspreads) and put them in the toiletry bag that is also in the rooms.
- We have limited the possibility of booking rooms for one night only to two rooms only. Other rooms we prefer to book for two nights or more to reduce the throughput of guests.